Trauma, violence, sadness, pain and family dysfunction has been part of every society since the beginning of time. There are no exceptions as there is no such thing as a perfect life or a perfect family. Parents inherit pain from their past and their wounded children in turn, grow up to repeat the dysfunctional cycle in their own life, in some way or another.
People wonder why they seldom experience true happiness within themselves, why relationships die and why they do not function fully professionally and personally. Hurt, pain and trauma are hidden from the outside world and buried, almost forgotten. But a sudden trigger may cause major upset and turmoil within the individual.
The main reason is that people carry forward the hurtful ways of their past and never deal with the pain they nurture within themselves. (Consciously or unconsciously). This emotional baggage causes us to be frustrated, stressed and eventually totally helpless to help ourselves. We struggle to function and reach our God given destiny in life.
To be an optimal functioning individual and to reach our goals, personally and professionally, we need to become aware of what we carry with us, sort it out and let it go.
Within a professional, caring, safe and confidential environment, Functional Therapy and Life Coaching may take place:
- Giving clients the opportunity to share their story.
- Helping clients to hear their words, so that they may understand their thoughts.
- Finding ways to help the client understand their current functioning and managing of problems.
- Searching for the root-problem, identifying coping mechanisms and changing thinking patterns, are very important.
- Ecometric assessments, aid in pinpointing needs and indicate function – a very helpful starting point in the journey towards healing and optimal functioning. The results are objective, reliable, valid and a true reflection of the client’s inner experiences.
- Utilizing the online assessment center of the Centre for Optimal Functioning in South Africa, the guesswork is taken out of the helping process and counseling may proceed purposefully.
- Functional Therapy and Life Coaching is a comprehensive approach to human functioning based on integration of Theology and Social Sciences, to understand and overcome common psycho-social problems.
- Clients are taught step by step how to empower themselves to face their responsibilities and to start managing their own lives. To move from defined emotional and behavioral problems towards goals and an optimal functioning life.
- Learning to prioritize problems, not to become overwhelmed and utilizing opportunities to harvest the most out of difficult situations.
Practical tools are given and practiced, to ultimately assist the individual in becoming his/her own coach and enhance future independence.
At OptiFunct we address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our fellow Namibians, so that they may heal and be free from past hurts. Our country should strive to have fully functioning individuals and family systems in place, with prospects of a well-balanced future and happy people who co-exist in our beautiful country. Living the Moment, the Future and Eternally!
A dream written down with a DATE becomes a goal.
A goal broken down into STEPS becomes a plan.
A plan backed by ACTION makes your dreams come true.
…Your dream does not have an expiry date – but it is your responsibility to reach for it…